Federal Funding for Arts. Heritage and Culture
For the most up to date information, or to follow new announcements, be sure to check the Government of Canada's website for Coronavirus information.
Museum Assistance Program – provides funding to museums and other heritage-related organizations that work to preserve and present heritage collections in Canada. Deadline: November 1
- COVID-19 Emergency Support for Heritage Organizations - CLOSED – provided support to allow for the continuous care of heritage collections, which might have been impacted by COVID-19.
- Access to Heritage – provides funding to heritage organizations for travelling exhibitions in Canada to promote access to heritage across different geographic regions.
- Exhibition Circulation Fund – assists museums with costs of circulating travelling exhibitions from another museum or a federal heritage institution. Open deadline.
- Indigenous Heritage – supports the preservation, presentation, and management of Indigenous Cultural Heritage in Canada.
- Collections Management – aims to improve professional knowledge, skills and practices to strengthen skills related to museum collection management.
Top up funding to support providing via Canada Periodical Fund, Canada Book Fund, Canada Music Fund (via FACTOR and Musicaction), Canada Arts Training Fund, Canada Arts Presentation Fund, and Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage Program.
Canada Council for the Arts Funding Programs –
- Digital Strategy Fund for Short Term Activities - CLOSED - provides grants for strategic initiative that help Canadian artists, groups and arts organizations understand the digital works, engage with it and respond to the cultural and social changes it produces. Provides up to $50,000 for digital initiatives proposed as strategic responses to the COVID-19 crisis.
- Other Canada Council grants – many regular Canada Council grants still open.