Federal Funding for Arts. Heritage and Culture
For the most up to date information, or to follow new announcements, be sure to check the Government of Canada's website for Coronavirus information.
Museum Assistance Program – provides funding to museums and other heritage-related organizations that work to preserve and present heritage collections in Canada. Deadline: November 1
- COVID-19 Emergency Support for Heritage Organizations - CLOSED – provided support to allow for the continuous care of heritage collections, which might have been impacted by COVID-19.
- Access to Heritage – provides funding to heritage organizations for travelling exhibitions in Canada to promote access to heritage across different geographic regions.
- Exhibition Circulation Fund – assists museums with costs of circulating travelling exhibitions from another museum or a federal heritage institution. Open deadline.
- Indigenous Heritage – supports the preservation, presentation, and management of Indigenous Cultural Heritage in Canada.
- Collections Management – aims to improve professional knowledge, skills and practices to strengthen skills related to museum collection management.
- Canada Community Revitalization Fund - help communities across Canada build and improve community infrastructure projects so they can rebound from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Recovery Fund for Arts, Culture, Heritage and Sports Sectors - provide organizations and individuals with the financial means to help build organizational resilience and pursue business innovation and transformation. This will also contribute to advancing equity, diversity and inclusion in these sectors, as well as greening activities.
- Reopening Fund - help Canada’s festivals, cultural events, outdoor theatre performances, heritage celebrations, local museums, amateur sport events and more. It will support organizations and projects that deliver in-person experiences or events that draw visitors to our communities.
Tourism Relief Fund - A $500 million national program that is part of the $1 billion package proposed in the 2021 Budget to support Canada's tourism sector.
The Jobs and Growth Fund provides funding to businesses and organizations to help create jobs and position local economies for long-term growth. The Fund, delivered by Canada’s regional development agencies (RDAs), provides $700 million nationally over 3 years, which includes up to $70 million dedicated to businesses created after January 2020 that meet eligibility criteria.
Top up funding to support providing via Canada Periodical Fund, Canada Book Fund, Canada Music Fund (via FACTOR and Musicaction), Canada Arts Training Fund, Canada Arts Presentation Fund, and Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage Program.
Canada Council for the Arts Funding Programs –
- Digital Strategy Fund for Short Term Activities - CLOSED - provides grants for strategic initiative that help Canadian artists, groups and arts organizations understand the digital works, engage with it and respond to the cultural and social changes it produces. Provides up to $50,000 for digital initiatives proposed as strategic responses to the COVID-19 crisis.
- Other Canada Council grants – many regular Canada Council grants still open.