Provincial COVID-19 Guidelines Updated
The Government of Saskatchewan announced new restrictions today in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Among the announcements were:
- Capacity will be restricted to 30 people at all casinos, bingo halls, arenas, live theatres, movie theatres, performing arts venues, and any other facilities that are currently supporting a capacity of 150 people. Food and drink must be cordoned off and not in an activity area.
- Indoor public banquets, conferences, weddings, funeral receptions in public venues limited to 30 people; no food or beverages served
- At-home gathering limit remains at 5; gatherings of any size beyond your immediate household are strongly discouraged
- All team/group sports, activities, games, competitions, recitals, practices, etc. are suspended, including amateur and recreational league for all age groups (Examples: hockey, curling, racquet sports, cheerleading, dance practices, etc.)
- Athletes/Dances 18 & under may continue practicing, conditioning & skills training in groups of eight or feer, abiding by the required mask use and at least three metres of physical distancing at all times. These groups cannot share time/space.
- All employees/visitors in common areas in business/workplaces, even where the public doesn't have access (Examples: construction sites, manufacturing facilities) are now under mandatory non-medical mask usage mandate.
A full list of the new guidelines can be found here.