Aboriginal Arts and Cultural Leadership Grant
April 15, 2021If the deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, the deadline becomes the next business day.
Damon Badger Heit
Supervisor, Partnerships and Inclusion
Type of Funding: Project Funding
Due to the COVID-19 implications and government restrictions, SaskCulture wants applicants to this funding program to know that:
- All applicants will be required to agree, within the application, that they will follow appropriate public health guidelines, as stated in the Government of Saskatchewan’s Re-Open plan;
- They need to carefully read the grant guidelines for COVID-19 restrictions regarding large in-person public events;
- Groups are encouraged to consider requesting support for online-based cultural activities;
- Applicants are encouraged to organize events with clearly articulated cancellation policies and agreements on payments; and
- SaskCulture requires written or verbal notice of postponements or cancellations of funded events and activities.
If you have any questions about SaskCulture programs and services, please contact Outreach Consultant listed on this page.
The Aboriginal Arts and Culture Leadership Grant (AACL) supports the sharing of cultural skills and knowledge to young people through participatory cultural activity with First Nations or Métis arts and culture leaders.
The recommended request amount to this program is $5,000 to $15,000. This is the average range of funding that is allocated to successful applicants.
The absolute maximum request amount for activity is $30,000, with conditions. Please see the application guidelines for more information and examples of how eligible expenses are calculated.
The AACL program aims to advance the course of culture in Saskatchewan by supporting:
- the sharing of cultural skills and knowledge to young peoples through mentorship opportunities that promote the world views, cultural practices and activities of First Nations and Métis peoples in Saskatchewan;
- the development of cultural organizations in their ability to deliver and sustain cultural programming with First Nations and Métis peoples and communities, as well as to respond to emerging needs and changing demographics of the province;
- increased employment opportunities for First Nations and Métis arts and culture resource peoples who offer cultural programming unique to Saskatchewan;
- cultural awareness, cultural activity, skill development, personal growth and positive lifestyles at the individual, group and community level; and
- the building of capacity for communities and cultural organizations to assess community needs and to effectively plan and implement cultural programs for, and by, First Nations and Métis peoples.
Before You Apply
- Please be aware that SaskCulture has transitioned all project grant applications to an online grant application and review system. Applicants must now submit grant applications through SaskCulture's Online Grant Platform. If there are any questions regarding the AACL, please contact Damon at (306) 780-9251 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read the program guidelines;
- All applicants, especially new applicants, are strongly urged to discuss their request with the Consultant prior to submission well in advance of the deadline; and
- If the deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, the deadline becomes the next business day.