Métis Cultural Development Fund
April 30, 2021If the deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, the deadline becomes the next business day.
Damon Badger Heit
Supervisor, Partnerships and Inclusion
Type of Funding: Project Funding
Due to the COVID-19 implications and government restrictions, SaskCulture wants applicants to this funding program to know that:
- All applicants will be required to agree, within the application, that they will follow appropriate public health guidelines, as stated in the Government of Saskatchewan’s Re-Open plan;
- They need to carefully read the grant guidelines for COVID-19 restrictions regarding large in-person public events;
- Groups are encouraged to consider requesting support for online-based cultural activities;
- Applicants are encouraged to organize events with clearly articulated cancellation policies and agreements on payments; and
- SaskCulture requires written or verbal notice of postponements or cancellations of funded events and activities.
If you have any questions about SaskCulture programs and services, please contact Outreach Consultant listed on this page.
The Métis Cultural Development Fund supports community-based cultural activities and initiatives that preserve, strengthen and transmit Métis culture and traditions.
Maximum Grant Amount: Up to 100% of eligible project expenses, to a maximum of $10,000.
The MCDF program objectives are to:
- Support and strengthen Métis culture and communities through arts and heritage activity in Saskatchewan;
- Mentor and build cultural leadership skills in Métis Communities;
- Increase employment opportunities for Saskatchewan-based Métis arts and heritage resource peoples;
- Support engagement in Métis cultural activity at the individual, group, and community level;
- Support the development of Métis identity through research, documentation and/or sharing;
- Benefit children through skills development, mentorship, and having fun; and
- Encourage gathering, sharing, learning, celebrating and developing Métis culture in Métis communities aimed at building long-term cultural awareness and pride.
Priority will be given to:
- provide significant opportunities to meet the purpose of the MCDF grant;
- deliver relevant cultural activities based on cultural impact, accessibility and service to communities;
- have significant youth involvement and/or contribute significantly to participation in intergenerational cultural activity;
- demonstrate strong partnerships and community support;
- take place in the province’s northern and/or rural or otherwise underserved communities; and
- are supported by clear project plans and budget detail.
Before You Apply
Step One – What is the Métis Cultural Development Fund?
Download and review the MCDF Guidelines (posted in right-hand column).
Step Two – Who Can Apply?
Download and review the Applicant Eligibility Guidelines (posted in right-hand column).
Step Three – Is your project eligible?
Download and review the MCDF Project Eligibility guidelines (posted in right-hand column).
Step Four – What Costs are Covered?
Download and review the Eligible Expenses guidelines (posted in right-hand column).
Step Five – Are You Ready to Apply?
Download and review the Application Checklist & Sample Questions (posted in right-hand column).
Step Six - Contact Us
Contact Outreach Consultant Damon Badger Heit at (306) 780-9251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting an application
Step Seven - Apply!
Sign up or log-in to SaskCulture’s Online Grant Platform to complete and submit your application.