Métis Cultural Development Fund
April 29, 2022If the deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, the deadline becomes the next business day.
Type of Funding: Project Funding
The Métis Cultural Development Fund (MCDF), now offered in partnership with Gabriel Dumont Institute, supports community-based activities and initiatives that preserve, strengthen and transmit Métis culture and traditions. Please contact David Morin at Gabriel Dumont Institute to discuss this grant.
Maximum Grant Amount: Up to 100% of eligible project expenses, to a maximum of $10,000.
The MCDF program objectives are to:
- support and strengthen Métis culture and communities through arts and heritage activity in Saskatchewan;
- mentor and build cultural leadership skills in Métis Communities;
- increase employment opportunities for Saskatchewan-based Métis arts and heritage resource peoples;
- support engagement in Métis cultural activity at the individual, group, and community level;
- support the development of Métis identity through research, documentation and/or sharing;
- benefit children through skills development, mentorship, and having fun; and
- encourage gathering, sharing, learning, celebrating and developing Métis culture in Métis communities aimed at building long-term cultural awareness, retention and pride.
Priority will be given to:
- provide significant opportunities to meet the purpose of the MCDF grant;
- deliver relevant cultural activities based on cultural impact, accessibility and service to communities;
- have significant youth involvement and/or contribute significantly to participation in intergenerational cultural activity;
- demonstrate strong partnerships and community support;
- take place in the province’s northern and/or rural or otherwise underserved communities; and
- are supported by clear project plans and budget detail.
Before You Apply
Please read the MCDF Guidelines, posted in right-hand column.
Step One - Are You Eligible to Apply?
Please read the Applicant Eligiblity Guidelines
Step Two - Is Your Project Eligible?
Please read the Project Eligibility Guidelines
Step Three - What Costs are Covered?
Please read the Eligible Expenses Guidelines
Step Four - Are You Ready to Apply?
Please review the Application Checklist & Sample Questions
Step Five - Do You Have Questions?
Please contact David Morin at the Gabriel Dumont Institute
Step Six - Apply!
Sign up or log-in to SaskCulture’s Online Grant Platform to complete and submit your application.
Due to the COVID-19 implications and government restrictions, SaskCulture wants applicants to this funding program to know that:
- All applicants will be required to agree, within the application, that they will follow appropriate public health guidelines
- They need to carefully read the grant guidelines for COVID-19 restrictions regarding large in-person public events;
- Groups are encouraged to consider requesting support for online-based cultural activities;
- Applicants are encouraged to organize events with clearly articulated cancellation policies and agreements on payments; and
- SaskCulture requires written or verbal notice of postponements or cancellations of funded events and activities.
If you have any questions about SaskCulture programs and services, please contact Outreach Consultant listed on this page.