Creative Kids is Hiring
Creative Kids' Job Opportunity - Major Gifts Officer
Creative Kids Saskatchewan is a charitable giving program that removes financial barriers for Saskatchewan children and youth ages 4 to 19 and advances education by providing funding to enable participation in arts and culture activities. Established in 2010, Creative Kids is supported well by its parent non-profit organization (SaskCulture Inc.), a crew of dedicated volunteers, and a fun and committed staff. We provide roughly $650,000 in grants to families across the province each year and we are seeking an energetic and strategic Major Gift Officer or organization who can help us grow. Based in Regina, the fundraising side of the program raises money to support and fund families’ applications so their children can participate in creative activities across the province.
The Major Gifts Officer will help current and future donors achieve their philanthropic objectives and successfully raise more funds for Creative Kids Saskatchewan. This one-year contract position will be responsible to increase our revenue and expand our donor base through a relationship-focused approach and by successfully reaching new audiences and donors. The ideal candidate has five years’ experience in securing major gifts within a charitable giving setting, and a passion for supporting creative learning for Saskatchewan youth. To be successful in this position, the candidate must be results-oriented and possess relationship management skills.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Building and managing a portfolio of major gift donors, including identifying and qualifying leads, conducting cultivation visits, solicitation calls, and effective outreach/stewardship activities;
• Developing a plan for donor engagement and stewardship, and a five-year year annual fundraising strategy;
• Building and managing a strategy to grow a strong and engaged Monthly Donor program;
• Working with and supporting the Fund Development Officer to develop cultivation strategies that complement the current fundraising plan and sponsorship activities;
• Managing philanthropic activities including the annual holiday campaign, donor renewals, donor communications and direct mail campaigns;
• Advising on current and new legislation, and Canada Revenue Agency rulings and tax aspects affecting gifts, and bringing best practice methodology to every aspect of the major gifts function;
• Developing a planned gift program with responsibility for overall program implementation as well as cultivation and stewardship of individual planned gift donors;
• Working with and supporting the local and provincial volunteers, provincial advisory committee, and board of directors;
• Acting as an Ambassador and attending events as required.
Competencies and Skills:
• Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work in a fast paced and results oriented environment;
• Excellent organizational, planning and administrative skills;
• Evidence of leadership and initiative, tact, diplomacy, attention to detail and creativity;
• Working knowledge and experience in Theatre Manager and/or Raiser’s Edge is an asset.
• Relevant post-secondary degree or equivalent combination and experience;
• A minimum of 5 years in charitable sector, and 2-3 years in closing major gifts and managing relationships at all levels;
• The ability to work outside of regular business hours, including evening and weekends as necessary, and travel as required.
SaskCulture is committed to workplace diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. To apply, please submit a detailed resume and covering letter indicating your salary expectations to Gloria Walsh, Administration Manager, at 404-2125 11th Avenue, Regina, SK S4P 3X3 or via email to email@example.com.
Application deadline is August 31, 2016.