Multicultural Initiatives Fund – Annual Funding
(306) 780 - 9813
Type of Funding: Operational Funding
The next application deadline will be Winter 2022 for the next round of two-year funding. Organizations interested in applying to MIF–Annual must contact SaskCulture Consultant Paul Gingras at 1-306-780-9813, 1-866-476-6830 or email@example.com to set up an initial consultation to discuss eligibility and access to the application form.
The Multicultural Initiatives Fund (MIF) aims to advance multiculturalism in Saskatchewan by supporting projects encouraging people in Saskatchewan to share, learn, appreciate, respect and accept cultural diversity.
Up to 50% of an organization’s annual budget, to a maximum of $20,000.
- Stimulate and support the advancement of cultural identity, intercultural understanding and issues related to social justice and harmony;
- Increase and complement the quality, quantity and reach of multicultural programs, projects and activities;
- Develop and support innovative and/or strategic approaches to the advancement of multiculturalism;
- Provide enabling resources to community-based organizations to ensure a wide range of multicultural programs and services are available;
- Support youth initiatives that will contribute to the future development of multiculturalism in society; and
- Support developing cultural organizations that require funds to establish ongoing operations and services in unique areas not already funded by conventional support systems.
Registered non-profit organizations based in Saskatchewan or organizations that have a primarily multicultural or ethno-cultural mandate are eligible to apply.
MIF Annual is generally for provincial or regional multicultural or Indigenous organizations that have organizations as members such as Tribal Councils.
Before You Apply
- Read the program guidelines; and
- All applicants for MIF Annual Funding are required to consult with SaskCulture prior to submitting an application well in advance of the deadline.
- If the deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, the deadline becomes the next business day.